[PD] Webcam&hardware requirements

Rune Lain Knudsen fluxrotator at postmaster.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 21:39:37 CEST 2005

I hope this is not too OT, but I'm working on a project where PD/GEM is going to be used for interpretation of a tree's movement caused by wind.
Basically a camera will be used to record a tree, this will be made into a moviefile that will be uploaded to a website periodically. The movement from the tree will be the basis for triggering a database containing words and phrases. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding a camera/webcam that doesn't cost too much and which is capable of recording 30fps with a fairly good resolution? It also needs a zoom lens as the tree will be a bit far away from the camera. I was thinking about using a mac mini to record, interpret and upload; would the standard(1.4Ghz/512MB/80GB) be enough for this?

Thanks in advance,
Rune

How "hot" is the hottest creature on Earth?

postmaster.co.uk
http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=6