[PD] Webcam&hardware requirements

Matthijs van Henten cola at looze.net
Wed Aug 31 12:21:59 CEST 2005

How about these usb adaptors that have a zoran chipset?

It's a cable with usb plug on one side, and rca/svideo on the other side.
They're available from belkin for 80 euros over here (netherlands).
I don't know about drivers for mac etc. but there's some linux support.

http://usbvision.sourceforge.net/

If you're on mac, firewire cam or dec would of course be good
( don't try it on linux...)

On pc/linux I'd use an old  box, a bttv card and a security cam -
perfect res, 30fps, and fantastic zoom :)
also latency is propably lowest as possible ( even on the mac you'll
still have to decode the dv stream)
bttv cards do about 12 euro second hand in the netherlands.