[PD] Stripnote - what the hell

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Sep 1 23:53:07 CEST 2005

Hallo,
timon hat gesagt: // timon wrote:

> Does anyone know how to control stripnote?
> Im sending a [stripnote] to [noteout] signal into reason and get the
> most weird results. Interesting but unpredictable. I cant seem to turn
> the damn thing off.

Which damn thing? Reason? Alt-F4?

> Is there a noteoff message I can pass?

[stripnote] does not pass note-off messages, it is used, if you want
to only get note-on messages. That's the whole  point of stripnote,
see the help patch. If you want to also get note off messages, just
remove the stripnote object and use your original notes.

A note-off message is just a noteon messages with a velocity of 0. So
note-on: "60 110"
note-off: "60 0"

You'll never get the second message through a stripnote.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44