[PD]pd0.39-0: behaviour of closing patches

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Sep 2 03:03:26 CEST 2005

Another behaviour I really really don't like:

Open a new patch.
Create an object.
Close the main Pd window by clicking the window close button.

Pd exits without any warning, losing changed data!

Maybe if there was a setting somewhere that could control warnings:
0. never warn when closing
1. warn if data changed
2. always warn when closing

Personally I would make 1 the default, it gets annoying being asked
whether I want to close help patches each time, especially as it raises
the main Pd window above the window I want to go back to.

Claude