[PD] [soundfiler] normalizing max amplitude inf to 1 ?

Enrique Erne pd at mild.ch
Fri Sep 2 04:42:07 CEST 2005

hi list

I'm building a normalizer for two channel wav-files , which are
recorded with [writesf~ 2] -bytes 2 .
I've tried two files ( 36.4MB & 95.3MB )

36.4MB
9.54e+06 samples
/Users/pd/Desktop/normalized.wav: biggest amplitude = 1.000000

the first file seems to be normalized as expected with increased volume
.

95.3MB
2.49e+07 samples
/Users/pd/Desktop/normalized.wav: normalizing max amplitude inf to 1

I had 95.3MB of silence after normalizing .

'normalizing max amplitude inf to 1'
what does inf mean ?

I can't imagine why it's just silence . just read and write the same
file with soundfiler is not a problem at all .

as there are long [repeat] cycles , it may need a little time to finish
each step . after each of the 4 steps is a print to see when it's done
. use a cpu-monitor while waiting :-)

thanks in advance