[PD] delay on startup and startup flags under OSX

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 14:12:28 CEST 2005

hi

*first question:
few months ago I was asking about a strange delay that i was getting
when launching PD on OSX. When i run Pd it opens and it takes few secs
to react or to open the clicked file.

I wrote a small script to lauch pd and I realised that on the terminal
of the laucn script i get this mesage exactly when Pd comes 'back to life'

CoreMIDI: timeout waiting for MIDIServer to start

So i guess it is waiting for some MIDI device on the system to start or
respond.
anyone knows how to fix this? i dont use midi at all

*Second question:
in the same script i am passing PD some startup flags such as -nogui but
this doesnt have any effect. Does this work under OSX or am i doing
something wrong.

thanks!

--
altern