[PD] [hid] segmantation fault

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Fri Sep 2 18:48:47 CEST 2005

Hi list!
Hi HC!

I'm experiencing the segmentation faults in [hid].

I think it might be quite the same issue as:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-04/027405.html

Has it been solved yet?

Pd doesn't say much except:

pd_gui: process exited
Segmentation fault

Pd is version 0.39-0 from Miller's site and my kernel is 2.6.13. How can
  everything be fresher? (-:

The really strange thing is that I own two machines: one with Ubuntu,
another with Debian testing. Only the one with Debian crashes Pd. Just
the reverse of August's situation. He seemed to crash his ubuntu machine.

At first I thought it was a kernel or gcc problem as there seems to be a
few under Debian testing and gcc-4.0. Updated the whole: new kernel,
freshly compiled, recompiled [hid] -> same problem.

That's finally why, just like August, I'm beginning to think it's a
hardware related problem...

Any news on that?

Thanks in advance,

Jé