[PD] Edirol USB Keyboard

Christian Veit fanfare at gmx.at
Mon Sep 5 13:19:22 CEST 2005

Hello,

i'am new to Linux(Kubuntu 5.04) and new to PD, i am trying to set up my USB
MIDI Keyboard PCR-M30 in PD but it don't work.
In Rosegarden the Keyboard works fine but in PD there is no reaction at MIDI
when i Test MIDI and Audio.

There is following output in the console when
starting pd with pd -listdev
input devices:
1. OSS device #1
output devices
1. OSS device #1
API number 2

no midi input devices found
no midi output devices found
Opened Alsa Client 128 in:1 out:1

starting pd with pd -alsa -listdev
input devices:
1. Intel ICH (hardware)
2. Intel ICH (plug-in)
3. EDIROL PCR (hardware)
4. EDIROL PCR (plug-in)
output devices:
1. Intel ICH (hardware)
2. Intel ICH (plug-in)
3. EDIROL PCR (hardware)
4. EDIROL PCR (plug-in)
API number 1

no midi input devices found
no midi output devices found
Opened Alsa Client 128 in:1 out:1

If i try to use ALSA (OSS is default) following error message appears:
tried but couldn't sync A/D/A

I think there is something wrong with my Input Output devices, If i
understand it EDIROL PCR shouldn't be listed there. Instead of that they
should be listed at midi input and output devices, or?!

Can anybody help me? thanks
Christian