[PD] shoutcast~ problem

clemos cl3mos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:12:53 CEST 2005

hi list

I'm trying to build a very simple patch to send a stream to an Icecast2 server.
(win XP, pd 0.38 TEST10 devel, shoutcast~ 0.3g)
following the shoutcast help file I have, I did send the following
messages to a shoutcast~ object :

mpeg 44100 128 1 0
icecast
passwd *******
connect domain.name.org toto 8000

here is the console output :

shoutcast~: mp3 streamer version 0.3g, written by Olaf Matthes
shoutcast~: set buffer to 512k bytes
shoutcast~: encoding 2 channels @ 44100 Hz
shoutcast~: mp3 stream: CBR, 44100Hz, 128kbit/s, joint stereo (mode
1), quality 0
shoutcast~: set server type to IceCast
shoutcast~: connecting to port 8000
shoutcast~: logging in to IceCast server...
shoutcast~: login failed!

maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to not understand the "passwd" message.
by the way, the server seems to work fine, as I managed to stream to
it via a crappy Winamp DSP plugin...

searching the list, I've found that someone has a version which
understands "icecast2" message, but mine outputs this when trying to
send this message.:
error: shoutcast~/shoutcast~: no method for 'icecast2'

so I've been looking for a newer version of shoutcast and found one
here, but the download link looks broken :
http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/shout/
moreover I actually guess I wouldn't even know how to compile the stuff...

does someone has a .dll of a newer shoutcast~ somewhere, or any idea
about what's wrong here ?

+++++++
clemos