[PD] seperate GUI communication protocol?

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Fri Sep 9 14:08:27 CEST 2005

Hi Jelle,

>> if you think of writing a patch editor, it's more complicated ... but
>> it would also be possible using a pyext object (that's providing the
>> gui) and a dyn~ object (providing the patching environment)...
>
> yes, that's what I'm looking for. thanks, will look into this.
>
> ps. there's an interesting file on the dyn website, "dyn_py - Python
> module for py/pyext". no documentation however...

true, but it's just an experimental project in an early stage of
development and there are presentation slides and Python scripts
serving as some kind of documentation.
The problem is the whole thing is built on top of PD and doesn't
integrate - therefore it's not efficient at all.

i have stopped this project for now - most of the functionality is
integrated into dyn~ anyway.

all the best,
Thomas