[PD] [hradio] vs. [hdl]

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Fri Sep 9 20:56:55 CEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:51:32AM +0200, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
> Quoting Spencer Russell <Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu>:
> >
> > OK, so I remembered that I can change the properties by sending
> > messages to the object, but why isn't there a properties dialog
> > box?
>
> btw, you can easily mimick the behaviour of outputting 2 floats
> (i guess you get the old value (to turn some routing off) and
> the new value (to turn some other routing on)
>
> like:
>
> [ | |X| ]
> |
> [t f f b]
> |   |   |
> |   +------+
> |       |  |
> |       [f ]
> |       |
> new     old

I ended up using something similar to this in a subpatch. I'm
using it with several spigots to do some control routing. How I
came accross the [hdl] object was while I was looking through the
iemabs directory looking for the [hradio] help patch because PD
decided to not be able to find them after I upgraded to devel
0.38. It's strange, because /usr/lib/pd/iemabs is in my path, and
I can load the abstractions by creating an object, but
right-clicking on an object and selecting "help" spits an error
that it can't find the patch. Is there a way to tell it where the
help directory is, and have it access subdirectories of that, as
well?

thanks,
spencer