[PD] repeated subpatches

etienne deleflie et at lalila.net
Tue Sep 13 05:13:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a patch that contains a subpatch ..... but that one subpatch is
repeated multiple times. I dont want to externalise it onto the file
system (messy, I just want 1 object), and I dont want to keep deleting /
copying the outdated subpatches when I edit one of them.

Does PureData offer an option where all subpatches of the same name are
always identical? (or something similar?).

Etienne

[perhaps irrelevant side note] CAD (vector drawing programs) have this
concept ..... where you can externalise a "cell" or "block" to the file
system, _or_ you can keep it within the file that you first made it in.
That cell (even if contained within the file) can be repeated as many
times as you want and when you edit one of them, they all change.