[PD] seperate GUI communication protocol?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Sep 13 13:33:30 CEST 2005

> What I want is PureData syntax minus the current behaviour of
> backslash plus those constructs from Tcl: doublequotes, braces,
> backslash. There will still be some major differences between Tcl and
> the new Pd format, the biggest being that Pd distinguishes between
> float and symbol at the lexical analysis level (and in the spirit of
> that, the new syntax will also make string and nested-list distinct
> atom types at the lexical analysis level too).
well, i'm not a big fan of extending the pd syntax!

this would result an incompatibility from one pd interpreter to another
one...
although i like the idea of having an extended dataflow syntax (nested
lists, exact numeric data types) compatibility should be a major
concern.

this would be another project and it would be much cleaner to
reimplement a whole dataflow language from scratch, rather than using
the pd codebase for that... it's just not suited for that ...
... maybe a topic for my bachelor thesis, once i started to study
again ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs