[PD] getting ripped off...

carmen ix at replic.net
Tue Sep 13 20:03:30 CEST 2005

> But then someone told me today about some fine print clause somewhere that
> says University of the Arts owns anything someone creates while they're
>
> So what I'm wondering is, is there such a thing as ownership with a PD
> patch? Can anyone direct me to info on this? I'd like to be prepared for
> anything this little trade school might try.
i'd say they could be treated as any other software, and the appropriate NDA breaches-of-contract, IP Violations, etc..heres a quote from http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2004-02/017625.html

IRCAM has warned me to take PDRP off the website or they'll threaten
UCSD with unspecified IP violations... I'm trying to sort that out
but meanwhile have taken PDRP offline.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

(PDRP is a collection of pd patches)