[PD] Behaviour of nested GoP abstractions

Urs Liska pd at ursliska.de
Wed Sep 14 11:28:45 CEST 2005

Hello list,

I have two questions concerning the behaviour of GoP abstractions that
are nested in subpatches.

1)
What's the behaviour of GUI objects that are not visible because they
are in subpatches? Are they updated anyway and use computation time for
this?
Or from the practical point of view: Do I have to accept a performance
penalty if I use a GoP abstraction although I don't need the GoP visual
feedback?
The point is that I have a few GoP abstractions that I sometimes would
like to use without needing the GoP feature (because they are located in
invisible subpatches). I wouldn't like to duplicate the code to have two
versions of the abstraction (one GoP and one without). If I then have an
abstraction with a rather heavy GUI load (but not visible), would that
have impact on the performance of the patch?

2)
Is it impossible to nest GoP abstractions?
I tried to place a GoP abstraction in the GoP area of a subpatch. When
the subpatch is closed I can see the abstraction as an object with its
in- and outlets and correct size but without the GUI objects of the
abstraction.
Did I miss something?
Is this by design?
Is this a fault?