[PD] Behaviour of nested GoP abstractions

Urs Liska pd at ursliska.de
Wed Sep 14 17:33:33 CEST 2005

Hello Frank, Hello Miller
thank you for the answers.

Where is the bugfix upload to be expected (be it today or later)? As a
new download or only in CVS (as I don't have the possibility to build pd
myself)?

Frank Barknecht schrieb:
> Hallo,
> Urs Liska hat gesagt: // Urs Liska wrote:
>

>>1)
>>What's the behaviour of GUI objects that are not visible because they
>>are in subpatches? ...
> You can also make a wrapper abstraction: let [gop-abs] be a GOP
> abstracion. A wrapper would be [gop-abs-nogui] which has GOP switched
> *off* and just has an instance of [gop-abs] with connected in/outlets
> inside.
Thanks, I didn't think of _this_ way without code duplication :-(
Obviously I should go for it when GoP isn't needed.

>>2)
>>Is it impossible to nest GoP abstractions?
>

> Yes, but it is severly broken in pd-0.39 so basically it currently is
> impossible to use 0.39 to build nested GOPs.
Well, seems to be bad luck that I just now tried this for the first time ;-)

Thank you again
Urs

--
Urs Liska