[PD] getting ripped off...

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 23:55:03 CEST 2005

I am imagining a small "yes you can study here" sort of a market. A narrow
market, but they can spend a lot. I'm more concerned about being told I
can't distribute my stuff than I am about the University making money from
it.
Since you put it that way, though, as far as the graphical environment, I
suppose that's no different than owning a program written in Java.

Our school's music director replied:
"UArts currently has no stated policy on copyright/patent ownership of
student or faculty work. One was being developed a few years ago, but it has
not been implemented (and that version actually had students and faculty
retaining all rights to their creations)."

(is it wrong to post his words?) He is devoted to understanding copyright,
too.
Anyway, I take it any rule there is must be along the lines of the poetry
contest rule, where they are allowed one publishing but the copyright never
changes.

Thanks,
 Chuckk

--
"It is not when truth is dirty, but when it is shallow, that the lover of
knowledge is reluctant to step into its waters."