[PD] experiences building PD from CVS on PlanetCCRMA FC3

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Sep 16 16:44:10 CEST 2005

Hallo,
David O'Toole hat gesagt: // David O'Toole wrote:

> Just a couple of comments. I'm trying to write a single shell script
> that will automatically download, configure, build, and install recent
> PD from CVS.

For externals I highly recommend to just use scons.

$ cd externals/build/

### Where to install the externals:
$ echo 'prefix = "/usr/lib/pd"' > custom.py

### Manually add the path to tcl-headers to CPPPATH environment in
### SConstruct's "env"

$ scons
$ scons install

The only (important) things which are missing then are all
flext-externals, iemmatrix and pdogg (which will not work, because
scons doesn't link with libvorbis/ogg correctly yet.) and pdp.

Do these by hand.

Ciao