[PD] ... M-audio and pd asio problem

guillaume rabusseau gr_wip_pd at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 18:30:34 CEST 2005

Hi,
I have a problem with my sound card, which is a m-audio firewire audiophile.
I can't manage reaching a low latency in pure data : When I use shareware
like fruity loops or Live Lite, the shareware automatically detects the
buffer size i have specified in the control panel of the sound card and
tells me what latency it gets, with a 256k buffer size i have a 5 ms latency
(which is good for me).But in pure data, using the M-Audio FW Asio driver,
as soon as I try putting a latency less than 60 ms, the test tone becomes
very dirty, with a lot of discontinuities. I have tried a lot of
combinations with -audiobuf -blocksize... but i simply don't manage to do
it.
If you have some ideas i would be very glad.
Bye.

P.S. : i have tried with pd 0.37, 0.38 and 0.39 on windows XP