[PD] ... M-audio and pd asio problem

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Mon Sep 19 15:14:04 CEST 2005

> > this is a known problem with pure data's portaudio interface. pd is
> > not able to run with low latencies on osx/windoze ... using jack /
> > alsa the situation is better.
>
> Can I infer from this statement that using JACK on OSX is a
> low-latency option?

it will probably give better latencies on osx than portaudio ... in
miller's branch, although i'm not sure, if it's possible to compile
pd/jack on osx... (iirc hans has been trying this ... didn't really
follow this, though)

in devel, it shouldn't be a big difference if you're running pd with
the changed scheduler, that's computing dsp in the audio driver thread.

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs