[PD] gem font rendering

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Sep 19 17:35:14 CEST 2005

Hi Tim,

Feel free to send me a patch if you want me to take a look at it. The
machine sounds very much fast enough for it...

As for the pthread crash its nothing specific to Gem it seems, since
pdp_v4l is doing the same thing.

I thought perhaps your experience would see something in the trace that
is meaningful, pthread_join() freezes in both gem and pdp, even with a
source compile of pd.

I'm looking at pd, gem, the kernel and libc6 is there anything else
related to pthreads I should look at? I already upgraded my libc to a
newer version (with "linux threads 0.10" rather than "POSIX threads")

Just thought your knowledge of threads would help me out, any pthread
code you have laying around I can test with you do understand?

Thanks!

b.