[PD] OSX, low latency and JACK

day 5 day5ive at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:21:36 CEST 2005

On Sep 21, 2005, at 9:01 AM, derek holzer wrote:

> BUMP!
>
> OK, since nobody bit the last one... a simpler question: what would be
> the best way to go to use PD with Jack on OSX?

You can use the nice GUI program found at http://www.jackosx.com/
perfect for n00bs and others.

On Sep 21, 2005, at 9:01 AM, derek holzer wrote:

> Compile Miller's, compile Devel or use one of the installers (and if
> so which?)

The only catch is that it only works with Pd version 0.37 (That runs in
Terminal + Wish!) or as one user put it "an older version". Thus I have
been using 0.39 devel and 0.37 concurrently specifically for this
reason you mention. The Digidesign hardware doesn't work for some
reason with the new versions of Pd?? It shows up but there is no
output. Maybe it was a change in the CoreAudio driver or something.

Although in reference to the CoreAudio driver, I've had a little
success with the method of first launch the manager (Digi CoreAudio
Manager), change settings then launch clients. It seems for some reason
settings are disabled once a client is connected (??)

-d5