[PD] ann_som extern

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 12:45:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

This is probably a question for IOhannes. I have been doing some
experiments with the ann_som external, and I have a few questions:

- The output space is specified in two dimensions i.e. 8x8 or whatever,
but the extern only has one output. Do I assume that this maps onto the
output space something like 0-7 - row 1 left-to-right ... 56-63 left-to-
right?

- Do the Kohonen and Instar settings work? When I use these the output
values just cluster around the maxima. Only when I use Outstar do I get
proper self organisation.

--
Regards,

Jamie