[PD] vasp path for use with pd-0.38.4-extended-RC2

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Sep 22 18:57:01 CEST 2005

On Sep 22, 2005, at 12:28 PM, Thomas Grill wrote:

> Hi Paris,
>

>> Thanks - yes, I included vasp in the libraries to load on startup
>> but  interesting about vasp-help.pd
>> That file doesn't appear to be in this .app.

...I think the basic problem is that vasp.pd_darwin isn't included:
if you look in "Show Package Contents" window, Contents/Resources/
extra is where all externals are placed, and there's no
vasp.pd_darwin...even if there were, in this particular build of the
extended .app, vasp wouldn't work because flext isn't correctly
installed:  this can be tested by trying to create a [pool] in a
canvas...

...the good news is that you can easily fix this by creating a new
folder named "lib" in the extra folder, then placing libflext-
pd.dylib and libflext-pd.0.5.0.dylib inside of it...IIRC, only pool,
dynext, and xsample work and are included:  in cvs, the externals/
packages/darwin_app/Makefile (or Makefile++) has notes indicating
that HCS had problems with py/pyext and vasp compiling, but they may
work now, but I haven't tried...I'll be putting in a Makefile++scons
and Makefile++desire.scons that can be used to build devel versions
of the pd.app package...

l8r,
jamie