[PD] [OT][NYC] Free Hardware Share?

vze26m98 vze26m98 at optonline.net
Fri Sep 23 19:59:57 CEST 2005

vade wrote on 9/23/05:

>This sounds super interesting.
>
>Id be down, im in NYC.... and I know share (the event in NYC) would
>love some hardware to set up an open source media station for randoms
>to use.. It would be great to get some donations... works out nice.

Hey vade-

My guess is that the Department of Sanitation might be uncooperative if
someone was just to come up to them and ask to poke thru whatever they
had collected.

This is where an (ahem!) bona fide organization might be of advantage. I
think I have some contacts with Sanitation that might be of some use.

This doesn't rule out the idea that someone could get to the individuals
that come to recycle before they get in Sanitation's hands...

Anyway, might be an nice time to get together and meet with screw
drivers and IC pullers...

Best,

vatic

<vze26m98 at optonline.net>