[PD] beginner questions

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sun Sep 25 17:00:37 CEST 2005

liquidtree at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> i'd like to start learning the PD/GEM environment and have a few
> questions:
>
> 1)The best tutorials to begin with?

For a very very intro pd/Gem try: www.ekran.org/pd

There are various full intro to PD and Gem lectures & Tutorials
targetted for artists there. The "visual media with pd/gem" is the
standard I teach, and also lower on the page is a more advanced two day
workshop I did @ artengine.

There is a PDF which is a lecture, and there is an interactive tutorial
which is actually a PD patch.

They assume you already got PD working on your machine, AND you know how
to use a computer. No other Dataflow experience is needed.

> 4)Is it possible to connect PD/GEM with Supercollider? I

OSC? (see OSCx, dumpOSC, sendOSC, OSCroute) in CVS

I think the rest of your questions were very well answered.

.b.