[PD] [gem] rotate a text

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 26 11:58:19 CEST 2005

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!
>
>> i can't see why there should be a problem. could you send an example?
>
> attached - but I just noticed, that this is a problem of [text2d], with
> [text3d] it is working ... but [text3d] has no anit-aliasing stuff ...
> mabe I such simply add this to [text3d] ...

no it's not that simple, since anti-aliasing is an option to the rasterizer.

[text2d] uses bitmapped/pixmapped fonts: the rasterizer is basically
within the text2d-object, therefore you can anti-alias the font in
there. otoh, a lot of opengl-manipulations (like rotate, translateZ)
will not work because of this.

[text3d] converts the fonts into polygons, which can be manipulated like
anything else. however, there is no point in doing "anti-aliasing" as
long as you are in the vector-domain.

you have 2 options:
1) enable anti-aliasing for the entire screen (FSAA)
2) use [polygon_smooth] before [text3d] to enable a kind of
anti-aliasing for just that object.

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes