[PD] questions about dyn~

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Mon Sep 26 16:27:18 CEST 2005

Am 26.09.2005 um 16:20 schrieb Pall Thayer:

> Hi Thomas,
> Thanks for the response, even though I'd figured it out. I guess
> sometimes I'm a bit quick to post. But I do have another question,
> when I do something like this [dyn~ 0 1 2 0] it has three outputs, the
> first two being the signal outputs. What's the third output for? I
> tried attaching a [print dynout] but never got anything out.

It's the attribute (or dump) outlet that is common to many flext-based
externals.
You can use it to query the state of an object... send [getattributes(
to get a list of attributes (output through the dump outlet).
You may set an attribute "myattr" with [myattr value( into the leftmost
inlet and query the value with [getmyattr(. At object creation you can
set its value with [object arg1 arg2 arg3 @myattr value]
This syntax is derived from Max/Jitter where it is extensively used.

best greetings,
Thomas