[PD] determine local IP address

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Sep 27 10:54:37 CEST 2005

Hi Urs,

Urs Liska wrote:
> I would like to simplify the process of connecting two patches by
> sending the second patch the IP address of the first patch.

Some folks from "The Hub", along with Ross Bencina of "AudioMulch" fame,
have been working on an OSC system for collaborative performances
involving a server-app which handles the routing for you. IP addresses
are replaced with simple IDs, and it looks fairly plug-and-play.
Unfortunately, besides some undocumented PD patches for using this
system, that's all I can share with you.

I got this info from Scot Gresham-Lancaster, who is CC'd here in the
hopes that he can send a proper URL to some docs. (Scot, you can reply
to me and I'll forward to the PD list if you aren't subscribed and don't
want to be!)

best,
derek

--