[PD] reverb and multichannels

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Sep 27 22:39:09 CEST 2005

Hello Oded,

Oded Ben-Tal wrote:
> I have a question about utilizing multichannel setups.
> Is there a way to send a sound to a specific channel (the choice being
> dynamically allocated so its not just connecting sound generating unit to
> specific inlet of dac~)? Or is the only option sending all sounds to all
> channels and changing amplitudes of each channel separately?

Do you mean channels of the soundcard? In that case, try:

[dac~ 1 2] [dac~ 3 4] [dac~ 5 6] etc etc

However, this doesn't sound like what you are asking. If you mean
different channels internally, then check out:

[send~ "name"] / [receive~ "name"]
[throw~ "name"] / [catch~ "name"]

[demux~]

and other such objects. For dynamic connections, you might also use
local or global variables such as $0 or $1 in connection with
send/receive or throw/catch pairs. See:

doc/2.control.examples/dollarsign.pd
doc/2.control.examples/dollarsign2.pd
doc/2.control.examples/14.dollarsigns.pd

I hope this answers your questions. If not, perhaps you could state the
problem more clearly?

best,
derek

--