[PD] hdsp jack autostart

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 21:51:50 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 16:33 +0200, august wrote:
> sure you can run hdspmixer.
>
> make an ".xinitrc" file in your home directory.  in it put something like:
>
> 	hdspmixer &
>
> you can also safely put other stuff in there if you like:
>
> 	jackd -d alsa &
> 	pd -jack mypathc.pd &
> 	xterm
>
> but you might be better off doing this in some other star script and
> killing X after you know hdspmixer has been run.   you only need to run
> hdspmixer once - this initializes the card somehow.

Yes, if you put

hdspmixer >anyfilename

in /etc/rc.local, it will sneakily load hdspmixer without invoking the
GUI, so you don't need to start X at all.

Also, if your set the $JACK_START_SERVER environment variable with
jack>=0.9.8 (I think), the jack server will start automatically when you
start a client.

I don't know if this is of any use?

Jamie