[PD] pidip - compiler output - ???

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 17:20:38 CEST 2005

Thanks /ohannes,

It has another problem since I went back to an old
version, but I got on the ffmpeg mailing list looking
for a cvs from about then.

It becomes impossible when a package depends on
another package, constantly changing, with few if any
releases (i.e. ffmpeg). So if I can get it to work
just once I will be able to make archives.

[OT]Hope you are well. How is Graz?
Best,
Ed

compiler output
pdp_live~.c: In function 'pdp_live_frame_cold':
pdp_live~.c:202: error: 'AVSEEK_FLAG_BACKWARD'
undeclared (first use in this function) ...etc.
pdp_live~.c:203: error: too many arguments to function
'av_seek_frame'

--- IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> Ed Kelly wrote:
> > apologies for postin stupid "help" messages
> without any compiler output!
> >
> > I'm trying to compile pidip with ffmpeg on a
> Fedora Core 1 machine. All
> > the libraries are found, and I have got this far -
> pdp_live~ will not
> > compile - the compiler says that codec_type is not
> in a struct, but I
> > checked avcodec.h (from ffmpeg) and it is!
> ...compiler output follows:
> >
> > If anyone has any idea what's going on, please let
> me know. I've been
> > hacking this for 2 days now!
> >

> which ffmpeg-version are you using ?
> in the latest CVS i recently noticed, that they
> changed some fields from
>  pointers to non-pointers and the like.
>
> since yves seems to not support ffmpeg any more, i
> suggest you check out
> a revision of ffmpeg that was valid when yves last
> made any changes to
> pdp_live~.c (cvs log says 2005/01/02)
>

> mfg.as.dr
> IOhannes