[PD] pidip - compiler output - ???

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Sep 30 17:40:13 CEST 2005

Ed Kelly wrote:
> Thanks /ohannes,
>
> It has another problem since I went back to an old
> version, but I got on the ffmpeg mailing list looking
> for a cvs from about then.
>
> It becomes impossible when a package depends on
> another package, constantly changing, with few if any
> releases (i.e. ffmpeg). So if I can get it to work
> just once I will be able to make archives.

quoting from the ffmpeg-devel list (which i bothered about changing APIs
without changing release-numbers)

##The best (IMHO) is to develop using the current cvs, then when
## shipping you do a cvs co -D, like:
##
## cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -D
'20050101 12:00GMT' ffmpeg
##
## This gives you a source tree as it was at that time *and cvs update
## wont change it!*.

while the date in the case is arbitrary, it might well fit your needs...

> [OT]Hope you are well. How is Graz?

nice, steiris[:her:]bst is starting today so i should be there and not
here...

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes