[PD] Another Gem performance issue

Christian Veit fanfare at gmx.at
Sat Oct 1 13:29:56 CEST 2005

Hello list,

I have performance problems in Gem while playing an mpeg and connecting to
my camera with firewire. The problem is when i start rendering the pd
process is on nearly 100% and every 5 to 10 seconds a new frame is
displayed. Also the mouse and keyboard events are responding after some
seconds. Xorg is using nearly nothing of cpu time. In glxgears i got a
framerate about 4000fps... Direct Rendering is enabled...

My cpu should be fast enough (1,7GHz)...

I've tried gem version 0.9 and the newest from cvs...

LG
Christian