[PD] installation questions

tasty radish tastyradish at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 05:56:01 CEST 2005

I am a "newbie" to pd, so any help you can give would
be really appreciated. This is probably dumb.

I am running version 39-0, on a mac 867 powerbook, os
x.

1) How do I install GEM and get PD to see it?
documentation that i could find doesn't explain this.
I would compile if steps can be spelled out like
super-simple for someone who has barely opened the
terminal, at all.

2) How do I get certain objects like readanysf~ into
pd?

3) Lastly, sorta seperately, does anyone know what
could be the problem with Jack not making PD connect
to a PreSonus sound card. It just won't work. PD,
without Jack making the connection, sees the PreSonus
sound card and is fine going right to it and on out.
I hear Jack is "picky" so how do I help Jack to work
w/this soundcard?

Thanks for any help.
Andrew