[PD] [msgfile]-bug?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 3 11:19:35 CEST 2005

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> hi IOhannes
>
> i absolutely see your point. in this case i was pretty sure, that it will
> crash for sure (not somtimes and sometimes not). so i thought, 'after 7 -
> 10 actions' would be information enough. it turned out, that it crashes
> after the second action, after the first time a symbol was removed, what
> would be a more accurate information.
> for me it was not obvious, that i should tell, what symbols i entered,
> because it does not depend on what symbols. maybe i should have explicitly
> wrote, that it does *not* depend.

yes of course.
as i wrote, it was pretty easy to find some input that did crash.
(but adding "mfg vfew bntr" and removing "juzt vwre yxdf", which is the
first thing i tried, did not crash...)
so your bug-report would have been _even nicer_ (although it was already
quite nice), if it would have contained things like 'add "a", add "b",
remove "a", remove "c"'

this way, we could start and build an "automatic unit test" suite for
objects.

anyhow, i hope it works for now.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes