[PD] macosx .pdrc inside PD.app

Lorenz Schori lorenz.schori at gmx.ch
Mon Oct 3 12:53:10 CEST 2005

Am 15.09.2005 um 16:52 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
> I think the easiest thing to do is to create a
> org.puredata.pd.plist, which is the file that the preferences
> system saves to.  Then you instruct users to copy that file to ~/
> Library/Preferences.

there is a command line utility for writing preference values:
defaults. (see man defaults). for quickly inspect what is contained
in the pd prefs just type the following command into terminal:

defaults read org.puredata.pd

package distributors could then distribute a script which set the
appropriate defaults instead of providing a plist which will
overwrite the preferences of the user

  - lorenz