[PD] Re: [GEM-dev] URGENT! Gem CVS messing up textures on ATI machine

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Oct 3 23:40:23 CEST 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 4:21 PM, B. Bogart wrote:
> I'm in the thick of installing my art project and am trying to get my
> patch to work on the linux machine provided from artengine.
>
> It is a sarge semperon machine with an accelerated ATI 9600.
>
> Problem is I can't get pix_image, pix_multiimage or even pix_video to
> texture properly.
>
> The image seems to be both cropped and stretched to the point of
> abstraction. the Gem help patches do not work...

...did you try playing with the mode message to [pix_texture]?  This
could be a problem with drivers and texture_rectangles or something?
Also, if you can recompile GEM, perhaps look at the code in
setUpTextureState() in pix_texture:  the line "m_repeat =
GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE;" was commented out in cvs for awhile, and due to
this I was seeing texture corruption, so I uncommented it...

...other than that...?

jamie