[PD] triggering vline~ compared with line~

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Oct 4 12:26:33 CEST 2005

hi frank

i don't think that vline~ is off. i rather think it is more accurate (as
it is said in helpfile), even more accurate than sample-accurate. i
attached a patch, that should show the accuracy of vline~.  it seems
that vline~, when getting messages from a [del] or a [metro],  knows  to
which time the bang 'is thought' to be executed.

my question is [to the devs]:
how does vline~ get this information? is the there something like a
timestamp attached to the messages from [del] and [metro] (like: 'bang'
+ 'shoud be executed at sample 23 of the block')? if yes, which objs,
besides [metro] and [del], do attach this info? on the other hand, which
obj (besides [vline~]) do consider this info?

(i could be well, that i am asking the wrong questions, since i don't
know much about the pd-internals)

cheers
roman