[PD] Identifying the position of notes in an (audio) array

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 4 15:21:23 CEST 2005

Urs Liska wrote:
> But this gives me an accuracy of about 44.1 samples, isn't it?

no, it is 64 samples

> Well, generally this should be good enough, but is there no solution to
> measure the time with (1) sample accuracy?

no.
as soon as you are in message-domain everything is quantized to 64
samples (which is the default blocksize of the signal-vectors)

there are some libraries (like iem_t3_lib) that provide special objects
to have (timestamped) messages with sample accuracy, but in general you
are bound to that limit.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes