[PD] triggering vline~ compared with line~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Oct 4 17:03:57 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> no, because [tabwrite~] starts recording at sample 0 of the block
> and [vline~] starts the ramp at sample N, where 0 <= N <= BLOCKSIZE.

Hm, somehow I assumed that tabwrite~ would not be block-quantized, but
that it instead was time-accurate. Well,but if tabwrite~ records
block-aligned, then the behaviour of vline~ inside the patch is fully
correct. However somehow it frightens me, that setting the phase of a
phasor~ is not time-accurate, but block-aligned as well ...

> but i still wonder, how does [vline~] know, where to start the ramp?

It looks at the clock.

vline~ gets Pd's notion of "now" (its "logical time") using
clock_gettimesince() which gives the: "elapsed time in milliseconds
since the given system time" (m_sched.c)

Ciao