[PD] triggering vline~ compared with line~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Oct 4 19:05:12 CEST 2005

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
> >because it calculates the logical time (which - by definition - is
> >exact) and maps that to "sample time".
>
> which should read:
> it queries the logical time (from the pd scheduler) and calculates the
> "sample time" from it.

In the example posted, there is a [t b b] attached to the metro, which
first bangs the tabwrite~ then the message to vline~. As messages are
block aligned, the [t b b] might bang at block boundaries. Still
vline~ (seems to] correctly follow the [metro 500], which might not
always bang on block boundaries, as [metro] is driven by Pd's logical
time. I still wonder, how vline~ knows, when in time the [t b b]-bang
arrived.

(Currently confused listening to "Bangin' Tough" by "New Bangs On The
Block")

Ciao