[PD] dssi~

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 17:58:50 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 21:08 +0000, carmen wrote:
> this is cool, (just noticed CSound got dssi..) one: how about throwing it in the externals/ CVS...

Thanks. Yes, I need to get a Sourceforge account sorted etc. It's on my
todo list.

> two: is this based off plugin~ ? if it is, maybe they shuld be combined since 95% of it is the same sans the osc/note input..

Yes, you are right, this should really be merged into plugin~. However,
when I started the project, I was a bit scared of diving straight into
the plugin code; I think I needed to build it from the ground up just to
understanding how it all works and improve my grasp of the coding. Once
this is done I would be happy to try merging the code over, and looking
at the plugin~ now, I don't think it would be _too_ difficult.

> three: doesnt compile with GCC4:
>
> cc -DPD -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -fPIC -I/usr/include -o dssi~.o -c dssi~.c
> dssi~.c: In function 'dssi_load_gui':
> dssi~.c:696: missing sentinel in function call
> make: *** [dssi~.pd_linux] Error 1
>
> changing 0 to NULL at the end of the function call fixes it. i guess NULL is a "sentinel"..

Thanks. This has now been changed.

Jamie