[PD] Re: multiblob tracking in pd?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Oct 6 17:27:36 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 08:39:36PM +0200, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:
> Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:17:05 -0700
> From: "pun chik" <punchik at fastmail.fm>
> Subject: [PD] multiblob tracking in pd?
> To: pd-list at iem.at
>
> hi pd friends, im working on an installation and i need to analize a
> public space with a web cam and track the movement of the people in the
> space... i would like that the pd  can give me back the coordinates of
> the people   ...is this possible with pd?
> is there something like a multiblob object?
> which object or libraries do i need?
>
> any idea would be appreciate

Yo,

I just did something really similar to this using ARToolKit.
http://artoolkit.sf.net/

It detects the spatial orientation of markers, but the idea is similar.
Maybe you could get people to pick up markers?

I have written some code (arudp.c) which sends the marker positions
and orientations out as udp packets which you could read into PD via
netreceive. Bit snowed under at the moment, but let me know if you want
the code.

Best regards,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx