[PD] min hardware?

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Fri Oct 7 20:22:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

as everybody else said, the cpu-load will grow with the complexity of
your patches. If you have slow machines < 200 MHz you will probably not
be able to do real time audio in 44,1 khz. but you could render audio
with 22 khz or even 11khz. That is, if you dont have much graphical
objects in your patches.
Let´s say you want to play all the help patches, then I think you should
at least go for a Pentium >= 400 MHz.
For video and opengl processing you can also start with such a machine,
but you will have to reduce the resolution and frame rate. (depends also
  on the graphic card.

marius.