[PD] Using Wacom Tablet with [hid] and absolute coordinates

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Oct 9 07:05:21 CEST 2005

That's a new one.  I don't have a tablet of my own, but I've played
with a couple.  I've heard about some tablets that have a
relative/absolute switch in the hardware, which is really just software
built into the tablet translating the absolute data from the tablet
sensors to relative data.  They probably did this so that the tablet
could act as a mouse if the drivers aren't installed.

My guess is that you have to send it some command to make it go into
absolute mode, something that the X driver does for you.

.hc