[PD] Data deletion

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 02:17:39 CEST 2005

I've been trying for a few weeks to get my preset memory set up just right.
I got it right just tonight, and then it disappeared.

It happened before, several days ago: I did a bunch of work, saved it, saved
it, saved it, then tried it out, and it didn't work; but when I reopened it
all of the synth module objects were missing along with half of the other
pd-objects. "JInoprst.pd" is the main program. It should have 8 copies of "
JIvoicenoprst.pd" right at the top in the middle. The presets canvas should
have a lot more than just those 3 templates.
This time, tonight, I made separate copies as I was going, "Copy of
JInoprst.pd", "Copy of JInoprst(2).pd" etc. When I was finished, it finally
worked correctly (it loads the actual wave after loading all of the
parameters, so that it saves any changes you make drawing the wave). Then,
suddenly, next time I opened it, all of the connections and half of the
pd-objects were gone from the main screen. Looking at the file in a text
editor, it appears to still have it all there, but it doesn't show up. It
happened originally on Mac OSX, the version that wasn't working, and tonight
it was on WinXP, the version that was working.

I opened the backup copies I had made in case of this happening again, and
it did the same thing to them.
On PC, I'm using 0.38.3, on Mac I don't recall which version I was using at
the time.

Anyone know what's causing my work to be erased?
(apologies for several existing bugs- it routinely gives me the error
message about float not being valid for value, I haven't bothered tracking
it down yet)

-Chuckk

--
"It is not when truth is dirty, but when it is shallow, that the lover of
knowledge is reluctant to step into its waters."