[PD] Data deletion

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Oct 10 10:15:46 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Chuckk Hubbard hat gesagt: // Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> I've been trying for a few weeks to get my preset memory set up just right.
> I got it right just tonight, and then it disappeared.

Unfortunatly it is really hard to follow your patch for an outsider
like me.

Without knowing how it is supposed to work it's near impossible to
tell, where it starts breaking. So here are some random remarks:

You use things like [pd abc $1 $2]. This will not do what you may
expect: Subpatches made with [pd] don't accept their own arguments,
they use the arguments of the surrounding patch. You can delete the
"$1 $2" from [pd abc $1 $2], it's totally ignored by Pd.

[until] is a very dangerous object, as it might not receive the
stopping bang, if something unexpected happens. You use [until]
several times to drive a "from-to-counter". It is much more secure to
not send a bang into [until]'s first inlet and hope for the bang to
the right inlet to arrive, instead you can send a float value to the
until, which will make [until] bang as often as the float specifies,
after that the until will stop automatically.

Ciao