[PD] Data deletion

Norbert Schnell Norbert.Schnell at ircam.fr
Tue Oct 11 00:43:34 CEST 2005

On 10 Oct 2005, at 19:55, Arie van Schutterhoef wrote:
>> proceeded to work out the score-based tempo control
>>
> -I think the ircam-guys working on their ftm-stuff were planning to
>  Pd. So that might be usefull in the near future as well.

Just when I, IRCAM-guy, look into my Pd email folder (whch is just
too very sporadic) somebody (and not anybody) talks about FTM...

Happily I can tell you that yes, there is an FTM embryo for Pd.
This is the beautiful work of my student Pierre Duquesne and is
integrated into the FTM sourceforge project (even if the makefiles
are quite a mess, after what he told me).

Yes, the IRCAM score follower is entirely based on FTM and would work
for Pd about an hour after the rest of FTM.

>  The point only momentarilly is when that will be...
Well said...

Cheers
   Norbert

P.S.: We are working on a modular version of (an evolution of) the
score follower which will be based on the free (less open) FTM
libraries Gabor and MnM (see http://www.ircam.fr/ftm).