[PD] Data deletion

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 11 10:40:06 CEST 2005

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!
>
>>> Is there a maximum file size that Pd will read?
>>

>> This question is very interesting for me too. Does anybody out there
>> know the answer?
>
> yes, it is/was 2 GB - IOhannes just wrote a patch that you can play
> bigger files ...

yes, but this patch a) only applies to soundfiles (although i think it
would be trivial (on the C-side of things) to also enable pd-patches
that are larger than 2GB)
and b) it only works on linux (although i was amazed that it didn't work
on osX; from w32 i did not expect to support open64() and friends; this
is not intended to be a flamewar, as i am pretty sure that there are
simple ways to open large-files on this platform too, but i hadn't had
the time and need(!) to port it to w32 too...)

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes